Meditation has recently gained lots of attention for its many benefits. The perks of meditation can include lower blood pressure and heart rate, less stress, and deeper relaxation! The main purpose of meditation is to be present and aware and to help the brain learn to let unimportant thoughts pass. This can help to not let stressful situations make such a big impact on your day. Meditation can be a small part of your time that makes a big difference!
How to Meditate:
- Find a
- Find a quiet place with no distractions to sit or lie comfortably
- Close your eyes and focus on your breathing, or try repeating a small phrase or mantra to block out wandering thoughts
- Begin with a few minutes each day, then try to increase the amount of time you spend meditating
Another popular trend you can easily incorporate into your daily routine are positive affirmations. What are they? Positive affirmations are phrases or mantras, stated in the present tense, that you repeat to yourself to describe a positive outcome or goal for yourself. Affirmations help restructure your thoughts to be more positive and create positive behaviors to help you reach your goals.
While affirmations may not be true at first, by repeating them, you are helping yourself make them a reality as you work toward your goals. Some examples of positive affirmations are:
- I have all of the tools I need to be successful.
- I’m getting stronger every day.
- I am in awe of what my body is capable of.
Don’t miss out on the positivity, incorporate meditation or your own affirmations into your daily routine!