This time of the year is notorious for people falling off track from their New Year’s Resolutions. Here’s some things you can do to keep going strong!
- Have a positive attitude about bettering your health.
- Focus on crowding out bad habits with better ones.
- Want to stop drinking pop? Carry a water bottle with you to stay hydrated throughout the day!
- Reduce stress on the body by getting regular adjustments!
- Interference in the nervous system and high cortisol levels (the stress hormone) cause extra stress on the body.
- Surround yourself with a great support system.
- Like-minded individuals will provide accountability and encouragement.
- Get Active!
- Find opportunities throughout your day to get some exercise. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, park farther away from the entrance so that you get to take a walk.
- Schedule exercise into your day in advance, if needed so that you can make sure you have the time for it.
- Stretch regularly and take breaks from your work to do so- your body will thank you!
Remember, a journey to a healthier lifestyle takes time and work. Small steps are still steps in the right direction! We are here for you!
Featured Recipe: Banana Oatmeal Collagen Pancakes (GF, DF)
- 2C Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 flax seed “egg” or 1 regular egg
- 1 ½ cup almond milk (add ¼c more if batter is too thick)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 scoops vanilla multi collagen protein powder (we like Ancient Nutrition brand!)
- Put oats in blender and pulse for a few seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend it all together.
- If the batter is too thick, add more almond milk.
- Coat a pan/ griddle with coconut oil or grass-fed butter and cook pancakes.
- Serve with your choice of toppings (We like honey, peanut butter, or pure maple syrup)!