Small Steps, BIG Health Impacts
January 4, 2021
This time of the year is notorious for people falling off track from their New Year’s Resolutions. Here’s some things you can do to keep going strong!
- Have a positive attitude about bettering your health.
- Focus on crowding out bad habits with better ones.
- Want to stop drinking pop? Carry a water bottle with you to stay hydrated throughout the day!
- Reduce stress on the body by getting regular adjustments!
- Interference in the nervous system and high cortisol levels (the stress hormone) cause extra stress on the body.
- Surround yourself with a great support system.
- Like-minded individuals will provide accountability and encouragement.
- Get Active!
- Find opportunities throughout your day to get some exercise. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, park farther away from the entrance so that you get to take a walk.
- Schedule exercise into your day in advance, if needed so that you can make sure you have the time for it.
- Stretch regularly and take breaks from your work to do so- your body will thank you!
Remember, a journey to a healthier lifestyle takes time and work. Small steps are still steps in the right direction! We are here for you!
Featured Recipe: Banana Oatmeal Collagen Pancakes (GF, DF)
- 2C Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 flax seed “egg” or 1 regular egg
- 1 ½ cup almond milk (add ¼c more if batter is too thick)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 scoops vanilla multi collagen protein powder (we like Ancient Nutrition brand!)
- Put oats in blender and pulse for a few seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend it all together.
- If the batter is too thick, add more almond milk.
- Coat a pan/ griddle with coconut oil or grass-fed butter and cook pancakes.
- Serve with your choice of toppings (We like honey, peanut butter, or pure maple syrup)!