✓ Do follow the Environmental Working Group’s “Dirty Dozen” and “Clean 15” Lists
✗ Don’t eat foods with artificial flavors, sugars, and colors
- Helps to guide which foods should be bought organic and which are okay to buy conventional based on pesticide use and GMOs.
✓ Do use wool dryer balls (optional: add a few drops of lavender essential oil for a scent boost)
✗ Don’t use dryer sheets
✓ Do use glass storage containers or silicone bags (which are also microwave and dishwasher safe!)
✗ Don’t usePlastic and Styrofoam, which can leach chemicals into your foods and beverages
✓ Do be careful which beauty products you use
- Deodorants, lotions, makeup, etc. can contain preservatives, fragrances, artificial colors, sulfates, and other chemicals that can be absorbed into your skin.
✓ Do choose products to use in your home that are free fromFragrances, Air Fresheners, or harsh chemicals
Hummus- Crusted Chicken with Veggies
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (filleted)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 zucchini, chopped **
- 1 yellow squash, chopped **
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika or sumac
** Can substitute zucchini and yellow squash for brussels sprouts, green beans, or another vegetable of your choice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a large baking dish with olive oil.
- Pat the chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the zucchini, squash and onion (or your vegetables of choice) with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the veggies in the baking dish in an even layer. Lay the chicken breasts on top of the veggies, then cover each of them with hummus.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the chicken and veggies. Sprinkle the paprika or sumac on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minute, until the chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.